Your Faith Transition Marks the Beginning of your Identity Reconstruction.
You used to “believe” the truth claims of the LDS church. You had the plan of salvation. The entire structure for your life was given to you.
When you let go of the foundational beliefs that have shaped your identity and your worldview, everything becomes unknown. If you’ve experienced this mind shift, you know exactly what I’m talking about. I call the experience a realiquake (“reality-earthquake”). Like any big quake, it’s followed by aftershocks — which can last weeks or months. Once you get through the intensity of deconstructing your identity, you are left with the responsibility of figuring out who you are.
How can you know what you want now after being told continually by the church exactly what you should want?
For many of us as post-Mormons, it’s the stage of identity reconstruction that’s the most challenging of all.
Did you leave the church a while ago but still don’t know who you are or what you want?
13 signs you’re stuck in “identity limbo”
- You’re often triggered by social media posts about Mormonism.
- You feel “silenced” by your believing family and friends.
- You are coping with anxiety by over-eating, over-drinking, or over-working.
- Your resentment over choices you could have made is getting in the way of making choices now.
- You have difficulty making decisions.
- You’re afraid to trust anyone — including yourself.
- You don’t practice self-care because it still feels selfish.
- You feel like a bad person if you disappoint others.
- Your feelings of anger or shame are harming relationships you want.
- You feel you have to prove or defend your “goodness”.
- You want to escape all things Mormon, but can’t. It’s driving you insane!
- You don’t know when to set or how to enforce boundaries.
- You feel lost — like you don’t “fit in” anywhere.
If you have one or all of these signs, coaching can help. The key to getting out of “identity limbo” is a step-by-step process that empowers you to get to know yourself.
Who I am and how I support you
I’m Claudine Gallacher and I’m a certified life coach who specializes in the needs of post-Mormons. I understand what it’s like to come out of religious trauma.
What you can expect from me
- I won’t diagnose you. I’m not a therapist, but I will refer you to therapy if I think that’s a better fit for your needs.
- I won’t use high-pressure sales strategies to manipulate you.
- I won’t tell you what to do or what to believe.
- I’ll give you tools to help you discover what you want to create going forward.
- I’ll show you how to cope with and learn from your uncomfortable emotions.
- I’ll ask questions that will open your brain to see new options and make decisions that align with what you care about.
“Mormon-Think” won’t work anymore and it sneaks up on all of us. I’m an expert at spotting the places where you’re holding on to an old belief that no longer serves you.
I already know you have COURAGE! You were willing to ask questions most Mormons will never ask.
But even the most courageous need support from those who understand this journey.
If you want to stop worrying about Mormonism, but don’t know how, please come talk to me.
Click the button below and schedule a FREE video chat with me. It’s super easy. Once you sign up, I’ll send you an email that explains how we’ll connect for your appointment.
I look forward to meeting you soon!
Sign Up for a Free Mini-Session
Click below to get a FREE, private, no-obligation, 30-minute coaching session with me! Bring your biggest post-Mormon “pain” and I’ll show you what you can do to take your power back.
There Has Never Been a Better Time to Invest in Your Mental Health!
You and your relationships are worth it! Come to a free one-on-one coaching session and I'll demonstrate the power of coaching. Bring your most pressing problem and any questions you have for me. I'm an open book and will share anything you want to know about my journey. I coach using online video conferencing so it doesn't matter where you live. You don't have to face this journey alone. I'm here for you and I want you to know you have more power than you think! Way. More. Why wait? Click below to schedule a FREE private coaching session with me!